Commercial & Corporate Law
Our clients often contact us just to check whether they are heading in the right direction and need support. Some require help concerning corporate matters such as,
- Negotiation of heads of agreement
• Mergers and acquisitions
• Business disposals
• Sale or purchase of shares or assets
We are always ready to help. We can prepare and advise upon various agreements, which include the following:
- Advice on distance selling, consumer and e-commerce regulation
• Agency issues
• Consultancy agreements
• Distribution arrangements
• Direct marketing regulation
• Data protection compliance
• IT system supply and purchasing
• Manufacturing agreements
• Supply agreements
•Standard terms and conditions of trade
• Software licencing
• Support and maintenance contracts
Commercial Dispute Resolution & Litigation
Every business will at some stage need to decide upon the approach it will take in respect of a dispute and many factors have to be taken into account, including whether it would make commercial sense to issue proceedings and the chances of recovery.
We have an excellent team that can provide a high quality, reactive and practical service to ensure any issues that arise can be resolved quickly and effectively.
We have a wealth of experience in handling complex cases and we approach every dispute with a commercial approach that includes taking into account whether it would be appropriate to have a without prejudice meeting or mediation to try and resolve matters before court proceedings are necessary.
We have considerable experience in dealing with property matters. We have often dealt with complex negotiations and on multi party deals so are well equipped to deal with any issues that may arise.
Some of the areas we advise on include the following:
• Acquisitions and disposals
• Acting for LPA receivers
• Business relocations and disposals for traders and investors
• Commercial landlord and tenant transactions
• Large scale development projects, including residential and mixed use schemes
• Portfolio management
• Property development for a range of commercial uses
• Property litigation (including building and dilapidation claims)
• Real estate finance
We have considerable expertise in working with businesses to manage their risk and this includes reviewing their Terms and Conditions or general contracts or preparing them in order to ensure they are properly protected.
Similarly, many businesses are not aware that they need to consider what risks their employees pose and we can assist with reviewing contracts of employment and providing guidance.
Recovering money that is due to your business can be stressful, cause difficulties with cash flow and stop you from running your business properly. We have acted for many large organisations and can offer a complete debt recovery service.
Debt collection agencies often outsource the work and simply do not have the expertise to negotiate settlement terms quickly or deal with complex issues that may arise. We offer a unique service and only qualified solicitors will deal with the claim and provide excellent value for money and can even work on a fixed fee basis.
As part of our service, we will send a letter before action on the same day as instructions are received and ensure that we also claim interest and costs, where possible, on your behalf. If proceedings are necessary then these will be issued without delay. Our experts will also assist with taking enforcement action, which can include (but not limited to) preparing and serving a statutory demand, instructing a High Court Enforcement Officer or applying for a charging order over property.
In addition to commercial and consumer collections, we can also assist you with:
• Book Debt / Ledger collection
• Debtor tracing & debtor reports
• Ground rent collections
• Mortgage Repossessions
• Residential rent recovery & property possession
• Service charge collections
• Winding up and Bankruptcy proceedings